Thursday, July 20, 2017

It's Official!

It was an April day in 2016 when I first heard the words over the telephone.  It was a pleasant voice informing me I had won a Premium Publishing Package from Xulon, a Christian self-publishing company.  My emotions went from excitement, to skepticism, to being overwhelmed at the process.  With last year being the year of Bert's first official campaign for North Dakota State Legislature, I found myself putting the whole thing on the back burner so we could focus on getting him elected.

Fast forward to January and our time in Bismarck, which included enough free time to focus on editing and combining the writings which had already been written over the last nine years of my career as a bank teller.  They were a part of my "Saturday Seeking" project, one which involved looking back on my week each Saturday for a "God Lesson".  There always was a hankering to get the writings published, but I never was sure of the "when" and "how" part.  As He always does, God came through with His perfect way and timing.

Today is my husband's 62nd birthday.  I had been waiting for my first 5 complimentary copies of "Teller Tales" all week.  The company told me they had been shipped on July 11, and it should take 7-10 days for them to arrive by UPS.  Part of my day included a phone call from a nice man named Jason at Xulon, who was answering some of my questions regarding the purchase of "author copies" to have on hand.  He was able to check on the initial shipment and found there had been an error in addressing the package where our post office box number was used instead of the house number of our street address. 

Just as I was wondering if I would ever see the package, a UPS truck pulled up in front of our house.  Phone in hand, I answered the door and was presented a package containing my books.  What timing!  I could give the first copy to Bert for his birthday! 

Where will the writing of "Teller Tales" lead me?  Only God knows for sure.  My prayer is it will lead others to seek Him more in their own everyday world.  If you are interested in checking it out, an order can be placed through my author page at Xulon.  http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781545606063&HC_ISBN 
Or if you are planning on being in Crosby for the big celebration on August 4-6, I hope to have a book signing scheduled.  I just need to make sure they have the address right to get the books here in time!  Something tells me God already has everything under His control!

No comments:

Post a Comment