Monday, January 10, 2011

Go, Ducks!

Football has meant various things in my life over the years.  In high school it was a time to cheer for my classmates.  When I was dating my husband I actually thought I liked watching football, but looking back I think it was just an excuse to be with my "special someone".  When my son was in high school it was a time for traveling from town to town on our way to winning a state championship.  Now it is something I enjoy watching for a few minutes at a time, but mostly leave to my husband and son to enjoy together.

The Oregon Ducks have been a favorite team of my son's from way back.  At one point we bought him a Ducks jersey.  Tonight he got it out and even de-wrinkled it in the dryer to wear as he cheers on the Ducks in the National Championship game. 

As for me, there's something else in need of tackling.  There are some Christmas decorations to deal with.  As much as I love Christmas, it is time.  I won't be watching the game, but will check in occasionally to see how the Ducks are doing.  In my mind I will silently be cheering them on! 

1 comment:

  1. I guess somewhere there was someone else's Mom cheering more than me. The Ducks lost. . .but it was tied in the last minutes and the other team won by a field goal. Close!

    ReplyDelete