Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers

This morning my mind is not with me, but in Sioux Falls, SD.  Our niece's 6 week old baby is facing surgery this morning because her liver is not functioning properly.  What does one do when faced with a storm such as this?  Two things help me. 

I remember what God's Word says:

From Psalm 139:
13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18
Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.


And God brings to mind a song promising peace:

When the world that I've been living in collapses at my feet
When my life is shattered and torn
Though I'm windswept and battered, I can cling to His cross
And find peace in the midst of the storm

There is peace in the midst of my storm-tossed life
Oh, there's an anchor, there's a rock to cast my faith upon
Jesus rides in my vessel, so I'll fear no alarm
He gives me peace in the midst of my storm


Though I can't be there in person to offer support, I know God is with them. . .and with the grandparents who face the hours of waiting and wondering.  Hard for me to empathize, as I've not had to be in their position.  But in response to a prayer request I sent out, I heard from someone whose son had a heart transplant as a baby. . .and is now 12 years old!  He can empathize to what they are going through. . .and offer prayers even more fitting than the ones I fashion. 

Today I will go to work at Farmers State Bank.  But my focus will be elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment