Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Fruit - Patience

"Sometimes I get so tired down here, Lord, I just want to go home!"  These were the words to a catchy little chorus a former pastor of ours taught us.  For some reason, tonight I found myself singing it in my mind.

It seems there is trouble brewing everywhere.  People are more interested in promoting "self" than reflecting God's glory, as we were designed to do.  I get frustrated when they don't seem to have any time for Him in their lives.

Oh, what to do!  Actually, there is nothing I can personally do to change someone else.  The only one I have control over is me.  This is perhaps why Jesus told us in Luke 9:23 we need to daily deny ourself and take up our cross for Him.

Yes, it is a perplexing world we live in.  And I must be patient, as God reveals Himself to different people at different times.  I must be faithful in being salt and light in a darkened world, but also patient with those I attempt to "flavor" and "shine on".

It could be, in my impatience, God is also wanting to remind me He still has work to do in my life!

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed;
Perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not abandoned;
Struck down, but not destroyed.
We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus,
So that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (NIV)

"Help me, Lord, to live as You would have me live so others would see You in me!  Thank you for your patience with me, and help me be the same with others!"


No comments:

Post a Comment