Monday, July 21, 2014

There is Peace in the Quiet

It was a whirlwind of a week-end, packed with activity.  Not a minute was wasted as we crammed as much as we could into a three day stretch.  But today the house was quiet.  No best friend to visit with.  No grandchildren running around the house.  Were it not for the sound of the washing machine and dryer, along with the music from my iPad, you likely could have heard a pin drop.

As much as I love each one who created a piece of noise in my life over the week-end, I was ready for the quiet.  My brain was able to slow down a notch and a gentle drizzle made for a perfect "catch my breath" kind of day.

My husband's brother, who is a pastor, once said, "If satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy."  There is a certain element of truth to this.  We can even get busy doing good things and fail to take time to quiet our inner spirit long enough to hear the "still, small voice" of God speaking to us.

Have you heard Him today?

Be still and know that I am God. ~Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment