Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Time Flies Triumphant!

The old saying tells us "time flies when you're having fun", and such was the case over this past week-end as we attended the wedding of our niece.  Lots of family, lots of food, lots of fun and fireworks on top of it all!



It seems, however, when I allow time for extra fun, something else has to give.  No longer did I take a few minutes at the end of the day to write a few words and share a few thoughts.  How easy it was to just "let it slide".

Once back home, it was just as easy to put off writing for another day, with lots of other things vying for my attention.  Here it is, nearly midnight, and another day almost slipped by.  It was a busy day, filled with everything from yoga to lunch with my aunt (lots of wedding pictures to share!) to singing at the nursing home with my "Music Makers" friends to catching up on laundry.  The evening project was finishing a photo book.

Whew! As I look around, the dishes aren't done, the clutter is still there and there are so many things on my "to do" list.  How do I accomplish it all?  Perhaps I never will.  And that's okay.  As for tomorrow, I will say with the Psalmist, "Direct my footsteps according to Your Word". (Psalm 119:133).

But for now, I best concentrate on another verse found in Psalm 4:8.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

No comments:

Post a Comment