Friday, September 5, 2014

FRIDAY FRUIT: "The Joy of a Good and Faithful Tradition"

Tomorrow is my oldest grandson's ninth birthday.  It seems like just yesterday he was a baby.  Then again, it seems like just yesterday it was his mom who was the one picking out a theme for the birthday party, planning games and coming up with a cake for me to make to compliment it all.

When my daughter had her first birthday, a co-worker borrowed me a panda bear cake pan.  What I discovered was there is joy to be found in taking the time to bake and decorate a special cake for someone you love.  From then on, the tradition continued through the growing up years of both our daughter and son.  Now it is a new generation and my daughter has taken up the mantel as the "Master Cake Decorator".

This afternoon, as I visited with her on the phone, she expressed how much enjoyment she received from seeing the initial response of her children when they first saw their completed birthday cake.  Tomorrow I will not only get to see the cake, but eat it, too!

Just for the fun of it, I looked back in our photo albums and found the picture of our daughter's ninth birthday cake, which happened to be a snowman.  (Her birthday is in January, by the way!)  What fun to look back and reminisce, while also looking forward to a fun day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment