Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"WHEW!"

A wise young pastor once told me, "If satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy".  Actually, he's also my husband's youngest brother, and I've often thought how true it is.  Lately, I'm actually wondering if I should start being a bit more bad, so I won't be so busy!  No, actually, it wouldn't be a very good plan.

It has been a whirlwind of a week.  Along with a fundraising banquet on Monday and a gospel quartet concert on Tuesday, we made a third trip to Williston today, this time so my husband could attend a meeting and I could spend time with the grandkids.

Back home this evening, I've been feeling a bit like there may be a cold coming on.  My throat was just a wee bit scratchy and my nose a little "sniffley".   There was a point when about five sneezes exited my system in a row, which is generally a sign there are germs to get rid of.



Thankfully, there was a large can of pineapple juice in the cupboard.  It is my "go to" cure for colds, and already, after two big glasses and a couple of Tylenol, I'm feeling better.  The other must when a cold hits is getting lots of sleep, so I best get to bed!

"I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me."
~Psalm 3:5


No comments:

Post a Comment