Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"I Can See Clearly Now" - A Tuesday Triumph!

Window washing is traditionally something to include in your "spring cleaning".  Now that we are officially into summer, I felt it was time to get started.  Actually, I did start earlier this spring, but after washing the kitchen window realized it was a hopeless cause until the pavement patching was completed. 

Living on Main Street, we spent last summer dealing with digging in new water lines.  There were cuts made in the pavement all along our side of the block.  This made for bumpy roads all winter, and once the snow melted, we dealt with mud until such time it dried up and left us with dirt to be constantly redistributed through the air every time a car drove past. 

Thankfully, the paving crew recently completed the patch work, leaving me with no excuse to avoid the window washing.  It is actually a task I somewhat enjoy, using a couple of special cloths distributed by the Norwex company.  One is a microfiber cloth which allows me to wash the dirt off with nothing more than hot water.  The other is a "window shine" cloth, which dries the now clean window to a streak-free finish.  In no time, the job is complete.

There is something about looking through a clean window which gives me great satisfaction.  It's like seeing the outside world in a whole new light.  As I was wiping them clean, I saw a picture of our sinful lives, filled with the dirt and grime of sin.  One confession to Jesus and He sweeps in with His cleansing forgiveness.  Suddenly the world has an entirely new outlook!

Much like our window washing needs to be repeated, so does our coming to the Lord for forgiveness.  We know from Scripture we all have a bit of dirt in our lives.  Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  How good it is to remember also the words of 1 John 1:9, which tells us, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".


A prayer in my heart as I end my day, taken from Psalm 51:7,10:

Cleanse me, Lord. . . and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow.
Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me.

Ahhh. . .a clean heart AND clean windows. . .yes, it has been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment