Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Words of Wisdom on Wednesday. . .and they work on all the other days, too!

Came across these verses from Jeremiah in my Bible last night, at one point pencil highlighted with a box around them:

"Therefore I will teach them--this time I will teach them my power and might.  Then they will know that my name is the Lord."  -Jeremiah 16:21

A little further down the page, with large pencil parentheses surrounding them, were verses 7 and 8 from Jeremiah 17:

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

So much good wisdom God offers, if we would, as my Grandma Ellen suggested at the age of 100, "Read the Word and stick to it!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment