Sunday, June 1, 2014

Let's Try This Again!

There seems to be a problem when it comes to me maintaining a blog.  After a few entries, interest wanes and things once again move to "the back burner".  It has been nearly a year since my last entry, and lately I've been sensing I should try again. . . .and be more disciplined.  Will it work?  Let's just say I won't make any promises, but will give it another go.

Several ideas have been going through my head. One is to have a theme for each day of the week.  For example, categories such as:

SUNDAY SONGS (sharing words to a song which has spoken to my heart during the week)
MONDAY MOMENTS (sharing some small event in my week that has been a blessing)
TUESDAY TRIUMPHS (sharing some small victory in my life)
WEDNESDAY WISDOM (random bits of knowledge)
THURSDAY THOUGHTS (something to ponder)
FRIDAY FRUIT (evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit at work)
SATURDAY SEEKING (new writings or sharing from the past of God in my everyday world)

What better time to start than on the first of the month falling on the first day of the week?  So, for starters, I will share the words to an old hymn which came up at our Bible Study tonight.  We are taking in a teaching entitled "FREE" by Andy Stanley (son of television preacher Charles Stanley).  We have watched three of the four videos, and tonight were challenged to by three "D's":  DECLARE "Sin is not my master", DECIDE not to let sin rule in your life and DEVOTE every part of your body to living for Christ. 

The song which came to mind was "Take My Life and Let It Be" with words by Frances R. Havergal (1836-1879) and music by H. A. Cesar Malan (1787--1864)  The words as listed in our church's hymnbook are as follows:

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
At the impulse of Thy love.
 
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.

Always, only for my King.

Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.

Take my moments and my days
Let them flow in ceaseless praise
Let them flow in ceaseless praise


Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

It shall be Thy royal throne.


In checking with lyric listings on the Internet, I find the arrangement of the words in the verses are not always the same, as well as additional wording for two more verses:

Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.


Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.


Life, hands, feet, voice, wealth, moments, will, heart, lips, intellect and love. . .take it all, Lord & use it as You will!




No comments:

Post a Comment